Ali's Ireland Adventure '06

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trim & Dublin

This past weekend I set across Ireland to Trim. Trim is the small city that Angela has been living in. It's about an hour northwest of Dublin. So Friday was a looonng day of traveling. And of course to make that long day even better, it was the first sunny day that we have had in about.....ummmm....2 weeks! It was almost depressing looking out the bus window for 6 and a half hours at the sun and blue sky.

Trim, a Heritage town, had a wonderful castle and other historical sites.


Here is a picture of Trim castle. We were not able to go on the tour, but Angela has been on it twice already, so she was our tour guide and filled our brains with loads of history. Apparently, a couple scenes from the movie 'Braveheart' were filmed here!


We went to Dublin on Saturday and put a major dent in our shopping. I actually had some luck this weekend which was great. And it was another beautiful day, so that could have lifted my spirits a bit too! We spent most of our time on Grafton & Henry Street, the two major shopping streets in Dublin.


Here is the River Liffey in Dublin. We walked along it several times, going back and forth from shopping and to our B & B. It has many different types of bridges which cross it.

We didn't do much sightseeing this weekend so I have no really cool pictures to show you. I am very excited and in shock that this will be my last week in Ireland. I am not sure how I am going to react when I have to say goodbye to my family and the girls at school. Chances are that I will never see them again, so that makes it very difficult for me to say goodbye. I have cards for all of my teachers and a book to give to each of my 3 classes. I am also making puppy chow to bring in...which I am sure that they will love!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia Burmesch said...

Ali,

I loved reading of your adventures in Ireland. How did the "Sleepy Shepherd" play turn out? Did your final Guinness pint taste better than your first? Or was your first also your last?

Welcome back to the U.S. and enjoy your holidays with your family.

Love,

Aunt Julie

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home